I was at Kota Kinabalu, Sabah Malaysia to attend the East Asia Regional Conference of Oversea School (EARCOS Teachers' conference) from March 26 to 28, 2009.
What I like:
1. The venue - Sutera Harbor - Love it!
2. Accommodation - Beverly Hotel - Nice room, service - Recommended
3. Keynote Speakers - Superb (Alan AtKisson, William Lishman and John Liu)
4. Presenters - Superb
Not so good:
1. Taxi at Kota Kinabalu - They charged us RM 10 for a short distance ride (fare starts at RM 10.00 or Bath 100.00) - Too expensive compared to the Taxi fare in Bangkok (starts at Baht 35.00 or RM 3.50) plus they don't go by meter but one has to bargain and most of the Taxis are quite old and out of shape.
2. My stay was too short… sad
Looking forward for the 8th Annual Teachers' Conference 2010
Where : Manila, Philippines
When : March 25-27, 2010