Thursday, April 3, 2008

EARCOS KL 2008

KL was not bad after all! I am happy that things went well during the EARCOS conference and I am quite pleased with the presentations and workshops.


(Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Bangkok Thailand)

We arrived at Traders Hotel at around 11p.m. and were immediately given our room. I was too tired to do anything after a very long day but was not tired enough to fall asleep right away. I ended up watching movie till 3 a.m. (Haven’t watched TV for a weeks now). Got up at around 6:10 a.m. and it was still dark outside so I decided to continue my sleep before finally getting up and showered at 7 a.m. Breakfast was ‘superb’- Nasi Lemak and so on. ‘aduh monotos makan’. I was surprised to know (see/meet) that one of the Hotel Chef is my friend from the same ‘kampung’ and the same church. It’s a small world after all.. hehe.




(Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur)

We were at the meeting hall by 8:05 a.m. and it went on and on till 5 p.m. As soon as we were free to go, we started to explore KL. We went to Bukit Bintang, Sungai Wang and places around. I didn’t get to buy things as I can get better things and deal in Bangkok plus I don’t want to have excess baggage.

We spent our Saturday at KLCC Park. It’s great to have trees, fountains, birds and places to sit and relax amid the busy city life. I had ‘Laksa Sarawak’ for my lunch after meeting a friend at Suria KLCC. Later in the evening at around 5:00 p.m. we get to go up to the connecting bridge of Petronas Twin Tower.




(Petronas Twin Tower, Kuala Lumpur)


Our flight was supposed to be at 4 p.m. Thanks to Airasia (www.airasia.com), they’ve canceled their 4 p.m. flight and we were asked to take the 6 p.m. flight. They are known for their expertise in canceling flights, changing the schedule and delaying flights.. hehe.. After all, its just low cost airline.

No comments: